Sunday, February 4, 2007

Hello World!

Well, this is my first post using Blogger. I have been keeping some sort of a blog on my homepage (in French), but I have not updated it in almost a year and it was mostly about movies. The main reason for this is that I like my Internet "Old School", where I code everything manually using text editors, bu considering how often I'm doing this lately, maybe it's time I try a more modern way and finally enter the 21st Century.

Talking of the Internet, I have been using computers for a long time, starting with a Commodore 64, with which I discovered BBS's with a 300 bps modem. Not Kbps, but bps! I'll spare you the details (that's on my homepage!), but as far as the Internet is concerned, I got my first email address in 1993, using a GEnie account (similar to Compuserve) and got my first Internet dial-in Unix account in 1994, using an Amiga 500. All text, all the time! Using a Unix shell, I worked with Gopher, Pico, Pine, Get, Archie, Veronica, FTP and of course Lynx, the first Web browser I ever used.

One thing I do keep up to date is my Flickr account, where I post pictures and participate in groups, comment other's pictures and go on regular outings with fellow photographers. I'm not the best photographer, but I'm learning a lot and I think I can do decent pictures, using my Canon PowerShot S2 IS.

Well, that's it for now!

Sylvain

No comments: