Saturday, June 23, 2007

24 Hours of Flickr in Montreal


Yesterday evening, I went to a cool party at the Société des Art Technologiques in Montréal, organized -and paid for- by Flickr (owned by Yahoo!). It was one of only four cities worldwide to host such an event (the other three were Paris, London and Berlin). There was plenty of schwag, food, booze and music to make it a success. I hope they do it again soon!

The theme, "24 Hours of Flickr" (or "24 Heures de Flickr", the official name in French), was from the book of the same name, featuring pictures taken around the world on May 5th, 2007. Several copies of this book were among the schwag available to party goers.

I wasn't sure if I was going to attend at first, but I sure am glad I did. Fortunately, I knew some of the people that were going, so it made it an easier choice.

This being a party for Flickr users, there were cameras everywhere on the floor. Flashes were going off pretty much all the time. The food was good and so was the music. It was scheduled to be from 6:00 PM to 10:00 PM, but it was still going strong when I left at 10:30 PM.

Click here for pictures taken at this party by many of the participants.

No comments: