Sunday, June 1, 2008

Movie review: Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull is a long title, but the first two words pretty much was enough to sell me, as well as many others, a ticket to this movie. And they sure can't be accused of rushing this one! It has been a while since we had the pleasure of seeing Indiana Jones on the big screen, but it was worth the wait.

Harrison Ford is getting older, but he still can hold is own in this action movie. Coming out of the movie, I was thinking it could have used a bit more action, but I think I was just being picky. It has plenty of it. We get to see familiar faces in this story, as well as new ones. Shia LaBeouf is one of these new characters and I have a feeling we'll get to see more of him in other Indiana Jones movies, should they decide to keep the franchise alive... If not, well, he still has Transformers 2 in the work (which I am looking forward to as well).

Crystal Skull follows the usual type of story that previous I.J. movies offered us, with a twist that reminds us who the director is. It's Steven Spielberg, in case you didn't know. We have action, stunts, chases, humour and mystery. It all adds up very well and makes this a very enjoyable movie. I do hope they make more of them...

No comments: